I suggest you ...

Gift Purchasing

The ability to purchase products for others (or have others purchase products for you) over the web, with delayed delivery, etc.

149 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Phil Gons shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello!!! I use to by logos books for my students, but I only can do this by chat or skype. I want to gift books only using the web. By my own.

• Doug Lye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A 2012 idea that has gone by the wayside?
        When the 'wish list' first became a reality I thought this was a great idea.

I like the idea of being able to purchase product for others.
        What a great way to honour pastor appreciation month ;-) . . . will it be ready by the end of this October?

• Cory Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I heartily agree that this is a much needed feature. I am eager to build my electronic library and I have lots of friends and family who tend to buy me books and resources as gifts. They would for sure buy me a Logos gift card if it was easy to purchase. I investigated this possibility and was told that people can purchase vouchers and/or add credits directly to someone's account...but that just seems too complicated. And I can already predict my family members complaining, "but then you wouldn't have something to open!"

This seems like a no-brainer. I hope they can make gift cards available soon.

• Scottie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe families will be more tempted to buy a Gift Voucher for their loved ones (who use Logos Software) rather than just having the ability to purchase a specified book. Amazon Kindle does extremely well in this whole field, could Logos not learn from them... I'm glad the wish-list feature has been added but a lot more needs to be done.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would appreciate this along with adding a button to our Wishlist page so that it can act as a registry. This could be a great benefit to missionaries, strapped students etc.

• Tony Kan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a long-promised feature which goes back around 2-3 years. Bob mentioned how Logos needs to sell content in order to stay afloat. This is the reason for bundling packages as a marketing tool. Well, Logos might be surprised how much content would be sold if Logos joined the gift economy. I estimate that I would have spent several hundred dollars more if I diverted a proportion of my birthday/Xmas spending to Logos, spending that I would otherwise be putting toward gift hardcopy books and commentaries that I give to my studious friends. Even a simple voucher system would have been a great leap forward.

• Mitchell Ebbott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be good, but I would prefer a gift card arrangement. I feel like people would be more likely to make use of it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base